Friday, March 27, 2009

i am now 17 weeks pregnant...yeah! today i had another dr. appt for some blood work to determine if the baby has down syndrome or other diseases/disabilities. the worst part was the weigh in :-) and the best part was hearing the baby's little heartbeat.
i have gained 8 lbs so far and my doctor said she would like me to gain a total of 20!! that means that i should only gain 12 more lbs. throughout the whole entire pregnancy....i'll try. the blood work was an experience because they had to do it 3 different times. they found a vein in each arm but nothing would come out. when the nurse took out the first needle blood squirted everywhere! it was down my arm....on the floor....everywhere! good thing i am a weird person and enjoy getting blood drawn. so finanlly a new "professional" blood taker had to come in and attemp to get my blood. well she opted for my wrist which was very odd but it worked. so now i have 3 bandaids and a slightly bruised wrist.

here are a couple photos of my 17 week belly.





2 comments:

  1. You are almost half way done and you have a tiny belly! You probably won't really show until the end like me! So cute! Love, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous, dont even worry about the weight, itll come off, just enjoy the belly (its the only time you get praised for a big belly:))
    Danielle(kkg)

    ReplyDelete